We believe this confusion came from my friend, Courtney, having a baby a few days before James was born. I showed Thomas a picture of Courtney in her hospital bed holding her beautiful baby boy Louie. When Thomas came to visit James in the hospital for the first time, I thought my hospital bed would be a highlight and asked him if he wanted to get in it. He said, "No. That's Courtney's bed." So when James came home, he was called "Baby Courtney."
I can't help but wonder if Thomas thought we were borrowing James from Courtney. Luckily he did not want us to give "Baby Courtney" back and has been a wonderful BIG brother. I thought the transition would be difficult for King T, but it was not. We have enjoyed watching him adjust to having a new brother and look forward to all the adventures the two boys will have in the future.
This was Thomas' first look at James and the first time he held him.
Is he staying here? First day home with James.
Thomas loves Baby James. He shares his trains with him. He even gave James one of his keekies. He plays boat with James which involves sitting on his blanket while he is laying on the floor. Above is a train he built with Baby James in his bouncer. The caboose is for Mommy. Most mornings, James is still asleep when Thomas wakes up, but Thomas insists on getting Baby James up and bringing him into the family room with us. He says (yells), "Baby James, time to get up. C'mon Baby James get up." I'm sure this will cause issues when they are teenagers.